South Side Real Estate appreciates and values the relationship we have with you. However, to provide you with professional real estate advice, service and products we do need to ask you for information about yourself and your needs. We will ensure that this information is protected from misuse. This Policy Statement outlines how we will undertake to do this.
2.1 Requested Personal Information
At various stages you may be requested to provide South Side Real Estate with personal information including but not limited to your contact details. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law to collect the information. Such a request may arise if you ask South Side Real Estate to provide you with information or provide you with a service. In addition to the our Internet sites, South Side Real Estate may collect information from/about you which generally includes your name, gender, address, telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address. Personal information may be collected but is not limited to: (a) When you make any enquiry by telephone, mail, face to face, via our website or through an application/ registration form; (b) When you engage us or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you; (c) When you enquire, apply or negotiate with us with respect to purchasing, selling or renting a property; (d) When you provide your details at an “Open for Inspection” or at an Auction or other South Side Real Estate activities; (e) When you visit our websites or send us an email or complete an online enquiry; (f) Any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to a service or product we may be able to provide to you.
3.Use and Disclosure
South Side Real Estate will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by a user to South Side Real Estate for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection(a ‘secondary purpose’), except to the extent that: (a) the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for collection and that you would reasonably expect South Side Real Estate to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose (for example, the provision of your information to a third party where you have requested, through South Side Real Estate a product or service to be supplied by that third party, for example tradespeople, property inspection consultants, lawyers, etc.); (b) you have consented to the use of the information for the secondary purpose; (c) information provided by you, including information relating to transactions, may appear in aggregate form for the purpose of providing statistical information within South Side Real Estate or to third parties; (d) may be necessary in order to enforce any of the terms of an agreement between you and South Side Real Estate ; (e) may be necessary where South Side Real Estate has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities; (f) may be required or specifically authorised by law; (g) information may be provided in co-operation with any government authority; (h) information that may be used for market research product development by South Side Real Estate or our third party consultant. Any personal information collected will be used and disclosed by us so that we can carry out our duties and responsibilities as a professional real estate agency, including at any time the selling or restructuring of our real estate business. This may include the disclosure and transfer of personal information and files, to a third party/new owner of part or all of the South Side Real Estate business, such as is necessary for the ongoing conduct of your business by a third party/new owner. In addition, you specifically authorise that the following disclosures of your Personal Information may be made by us:
- disclosures of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services and products or South Side Real Estate seeking potential clients.
- disclosures to media organisations, on the internet, to potential buyers or to existing or potential clients, to property inspection consultants, to tradespeople, to bodies corporate, financial institutions including our financial services company, government and statutory bodies, legal representatives, accountants, business consultants and other third parties as required by law.
- disclosures to our third party consultants such as those consultants who from time to time may manage our database and/or computer system and/or who undertake the advertising and marketing on behalf of the entity known as South Side Real Estate and it’s related companies, or specifically your property.
- disclosures to potential tenants, to tradespeople and to other sources related to acting as property managers for a landlord.
- disclosures to the landlord, referees or other agents and operators of third party tenancy databases or such other sources as deemed necessary, where a tenant/s has failed to comply with the obligations and responsibilities specified in a tenancy agreement or for the purposes of evaluating the suitability and identity of a tenant/s for a property.
- disclosures as permitted under the Act or required by law.
- any other disclosures incidental to our carrying out our functions as a professional real estate agency including the selling or restructuring of part or all of our business.
- disclosures necessary to investigate or resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated with us.
- disclosures to our professional advisers and third party consultants, including but not limited to our accountants, auditors, legal advisers, market research and product development consultants, information technology consultants, our related companies. You also agree that we may add your Personal Information including, name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address and such other information provided to us by you in relation to your property enquiry on our database. The South Side Real Estate database is used for ongoing marketing, marketing research and sales related purposes or to advise you of what services we can provide to you. Our marketing and sales activities will include but not necessarily be limited to sending you promotional material, forwarding you printed material so that you can be kept up to date with property related information or other initiatives undertaken by us. If at any time you wish to cease receiving such information please contact the Privacy Officer, by post: Suite 1, 1033 Old Princess Highway, Engadine, NSW 2233 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org request your details to be deleted from our mailing list.
4. Access and Correction
Where South Side Real Estate collects information from you we will provide you with access to your information (subject to any reasonable charge as determined by South Side Real Estate and notified to you before such access is given) at your request except that:
(a) the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
(b) providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
(c) the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between you and South Side Real Estate and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceeding; or
(d) providing access would reveal the intentions of South Side Real Estate in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
4.1 Where information about you is found to be incorrect, incomplete or out of date, South Side Real Estate will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate. To amend or update your details, please email email@example.com, write to Privacy Officer – South Side Real Estate, Suite 1, 1033 Old Princess Highway, Engadine, NSW 2233, or fax to Privacy Officer 02 8521 6868.
5.Links from this Site – Third Party Sites
South Side Real Estate stores your personal information using industry standards for security of information in order to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. By using South Side Real Estate Internet sites you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and that accordingly South Side Real Estate can only use its best endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information, these activities are undertaken at your own risk. South Side Real Estate Agents will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information. Please be aware when emailing South Side Real Estate or completing an online form there are risks in transmitting such information across the Internet.
8.Feedback, Questions or Problems